PADI TEC 45
The PADI Tec 45 course is the next step in technical diving for entry level tec divers. As a PADI Tec 45 diver you will be trained to go beyond recreational limits to a maximum depth of 145 feet. You will also learn how to manage longer decompression times using a single cylinder of EANx or oxygen to accelerate your decompression.
The PADI Tec 45 course takes 3 – 4 days to complete and involves the following:
- Technical dive theory review.
- Comprehensive dive planning utilizing desktop decompression software.
- Practical sessions that cover technical diving gear and its setup.
- A confined water training session where you learn and master new skills.
- Two open water training dives where you practice skills and run simulated decompression dives.
- One open water decompression dive where you get to visit a site few people see and stay longer to explore more.
- Age 18 or older.
- PADI Rescue Diver certification (or equivalent).
- PADI Tec 40 Diver (or equivalent).
- Have a minimum of at least 50 logged dives, with the following minimums:
- 12 Enriched Air dives deeper that 60 feet.
- 6 dives deeper than 100 feet.
- Medical form signed by a physician within the past year.
- Sidemount Diver (if completing in sidemount gear configuration).
- Instruction, certification fees, confined water dive, rental tanks and weights, and gas fills.
- Students are responsible for charter fees, materials, and all additional gear. Please see below for a list of required gear as well as gear available for rent.
- Private instruction is available, contact us for details: 516-840-8750 or email@example.com.
Technical gear differs from your recreational setup. Before making any purchases, it is highly recommended that you arrange a gear consultation or discuss it with your instructor. All gear must meet requirements for the course.
1 – Backplate, harness, and dual bladder wing.
2 – Main tank regulators set up for technical diving.*
1 – Deco regulator (oxygen compatible).*
2 – Reels or spools with a minimum of 100 feet of line.
1 – Large DSMB or 75+ lift bag (orange preferred).
1 – Secondary DSMB or lift bag.
2 – Dive computers (one must be multi gas capable).
1 – Exposure protection suitable to environment.*
1 – Fins suitable to technical diving (split fins and full foot fins are not recommended).
2 – Cutting devices (knife / Z-knife / shears).
1 – 3 page wrist slate and one (1) set of wetnotes.
1 – Light as needed for the deeper open water dives.
2 – Dive masks.*
1 – Compass.
1 – Audible surface signaling device such as a whistle.
Laptop computer, tablet, or phone with desktop deco software (ex: Multi Deco).
* Available for rent
Tanks and weights are included with the class fees. If you have your own you wish to use please discuss this with your instructor. Tanks must meet the course requirements.