A sidemount configuration is becoming increasingly popular with divers at both the recreational and technical levels. It offers divers flexibility, enhanced streamlining, and quick access to their cylinders. Whether you are just starting out, looking to make the jump to technical diving, or an accomplished backmount technical diver we have the sidemount course for you.
PADI SIDEMOUNT DIVER (Recreational)
The PADI Sidemount Diver course introduces students to diving with their cylinder(s) at their sides. The course takes 2-3 days to complete and includes the following:
- Practical applications where you will learn how to assemble and configure a sidemount system with up to two tanks.
- A confined water session in which you will practice buoyancy, adjust your trim, and learn how to manage gas and perform skills in your new setup.
- Three open water dives in which you will practice skills and respond to simulated emergencies.
- PADI Open Water Diver certification (or equivalent).
- Age 15 or older.
- Includes materials, boat charter, certification fees, weights, tanks, and gas fills.
- Students are responsible for all additional gear. Some items are avaliable for rent.
PADI TECHNICAL SIDEMOUNT DIVER