PADI TEC 40
The PADI Tec 40 course is the first step into the technical diving world and provides a transition from recreational diving to technical diving. As a PADI Tec 40 diver you will be qualified to depths of 130 feet with up to 10 minutes of decompression on your dives. You will also be trained to carry a deco tank with up to 50% EANx to make your decompression more conservative.
The PADI Tec 40 course takes 3 – 4 days to complete and involves the following:
- Technical dive theory review.
- Comprehensive dive planning utilizing desktop decompression software.
- Practical sessions that cover technical diving gear and its setup.
- A confined water training session where you learn and master a new skill set.
- Two open water training dives where you practice your new skill set and run simulated decompression dives.
- One open water decompression dive where you get to visit a site few people see and stay longer to explore.
- Age 18 or older.
- PADI Rescue Diver certification (or equivalent).
- PADI Deep Diver certification (or equivalent) OR proof of 10 logged dives to 100 feet or deeper.
- PADI Enriched Air Diver certification (or equivalent).
- Have a minimum of at least 30 logged dives, with the following minimums:
- 10 Enriched Air Dives deeper than 60 feet.
- Medical form signed by a physician within the past year.
- Sidemount Diver certification (if completing in sidemount gear configuration).
- Includes instruction, certification fees, confined water dive, rental tanks and weights, and gas fills.
- Students are responsible for charter fees, materials, and all additional gear. Please see below for a list of required gear as well as gear available for rent.
- Class minimum: 2 students. Private instruction available, contact us for details: 516-840-8750 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technical gear differs from your recreational setup. Before making any purchases, it is highly recommended that you arrange a gear consultation or discuss it with your instructor. All gear must meet requirements for the course.
1 – Backplate, harness, and dual bladder wing.
2 – Main tank regulators set up for technical diving.*
1 – Deco regulator (oxygen compatible).*
2 – Reels or spools with a minimum of 100 feet of line.
1 – Large DSMB or 75lb+ lift bag (orange preferred).
1 – Secondary DSMB or lift bag.
2 – Dive computers (One must be multi-gas capable).
1 – Exposure protection suitable to environment.*
1 – Fins suitable to technical diving (split fins and full foot fins are not recommended).
2 – Cutting devices (knife / Z-knife / shears).
1 – 3 page wrist slate and one (1) set of wetnotes.
1 – Light as needed for the deeper open water dives.
2 – Dive masks.*
1 – Compass.
1 – Audible surface signaling device such as a whistle.
Laptop computer, tablet, or phone with desktop deco software ( ex: Multi Deco).
* Avaliable for rent
Tanks and weights are included with the class fees. If you have your own you wish to use please discuss this with your instructor. Tanks must meet the course requirements.